13 February 2020, Hotel Renaissance Brussels| Register to attend
Jorge Padilla, Program Director of the Toulouse School of Economics Executive Education Program and Elena Zoido, Compass Lexecon, will speak at the next one-day seminar in Brussels on ‘Preparing for Court: What it Takes to be an Effective Expert Witness’.
The Executive Education program is aimed at professionals – lawyers, business people, economists – and academics, who wish to develop state-of-the-art skills in the growing field of competition policy. It offers a unique opportunity to learn from world-leading industrial organization economists and competition law and economics practitioners how to bridge the gap between cutting-edge economics and competition law practice.
In the next seminar, top economists, lawyers, and judges will explain how to effectively convey economic evidence more clearly and credibly in court. Speakers include Sir Peter Roth (Competition Appeal Tribunal), Prof. Marc van der Woude (General Court of the EU), Cani Fernández (Cuatrecasas), Eric Gippini (EC legal service), Prof. William Kovacic (GW University), James Venit (Dentons), and Robert O’Donoghue QC (Brick Court Chambers).
- Learn how to submit effective expert witness reports
- Hear from those with experience in cross-examination of expert witnesses
- Discuss how best to conduct a direct presentation
- Learn that what matters is not what you say but what they hear
- Understand how judges assess the credibility of expert witnesses