Compass Lexecon is committed to contributing to and supporting the communities in which we live and work. We have a large roster of professionals with deep and diverse skills who provide consulting services on a pro bono basis to causes that align with our expertise and values. Our experts and staff work with law firms and other groups to provide expert economic testimony and data analysis on a range of issues. We are proud of the pro bono contributions we have made. Recent highlights include:
- An analysis supporting the development of COVID-19 vaccine policy in developing countries.
- A study demonstrating the important benefits of short respite breaks for families caring for a seriously ill child.
- An analysis of racial disparities in the enforcement of non-traffic infractions by California law enforcement agencies.
- Host Masterclasses and provide mentoring to University students.
- Expert testimony in the case of Stinnie v. Holcomb which challenged a Virginia law mandating driver’s license suspension for people who cannot pay court fines.
- An analysis of racial and socioeconomic disparities in class placement and disciplinary decisions in Bay Area school districts.
In addition to pro bono case work, Compass Lexecon is proud to have supported many local organizations, including: American Friends of the Hebrew University, American Jewish Committee, Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC, Cameron Kravitt Foundation, Citizens’ Committee for Children of New York, Inc., Covenant House Georgia, Equal Justice Works, Inner-City Scholarship Fund, Judges and Lawyers Breast Cancer Alert, Legal Services NYC, New York Lawyers for the Public Interest, The Chicago Debate Commission, The Legal Aid Society, UJA Federation, Whirlpool Collective Impact Fund and many more.