Compass Lexecon in Latin America offers specialized insight into the complex economic and financial issues at the center of arbitration disputes, competition, and regulatory challenges.
Our economists and finance specialists, based in Buenos Aires, Argentina support clients throughout Latin America. Their experience and qualifications enable us to provide focused analyses on a diverse range of issues and to present our analyses persuasively and authoritatively.
Our experts have held government-appointed posts, consulted for governments and utilities throughout the region, and have had active roles in the development of regulatory frameworks in various utility sectors.
We have helped draft competition rules and testified in international and domestic disputes throughout Latin America. We advise on complex contracting disputes, government and regulatory agency standards, and reasonable conduct, public policy, competition, private dispute resolution, and environmental economic issues. We also provide expert opinions on complex damage quantum cases, as well as the valuation of assets in treaty, commercial, and political risk insurance disputes.
Our expertise includes:
• Numerous recent international arbitration cases with written or oral testimony submitted under various treaty and commercial arbitration rules (ICSID, UNCITRAL, ICC, LCIA, AAA, and SCC).
• Economic and financial analysis and development of policies for both regulated and competitive activities.
• Drafting of regulatory frameworks for utilities, consulting on regulation and de-regulation.
• Regulatory and contract analysis from both commercial and economic perspectives.
• Economics of natural resources, energy, infrastructure, manufacturing, services and distribution industries, and the environment.
• Analysis of banking and financial services industries, including leasing and insurance.
• Mergers and acquisitions, price fixing, and antitrust proceedings before competition authorities.
• Valuation of intellectual property.