Earlier this week, the Global Competition Review (GCR) announced its 2012 Awards in Washington, DC with Compass Lexecon sweeping every category it was nominated – six awards in total. By comparison, no other economic consulting firm won more than one award.
Jorge Padilla, the head of Compass Lexecon Europe, was named as the 2012 Economist of the Year by the GCR. This is the second straight year in which a Compass Lexecon expert was named as the GCR Economist of the Year. In 2011, Janusz Ordover, a Senior Consultant and member of the Compass Lexecon Advisory Committee, won the same award.
Compass Lexecon is also proud to announce that we served as economic experts in the following categories:
- Matter of the Year: Seagate/Samsung. Compass Lexecon’s work on the Matter of the Year was led by Daniel Rubinfeld, Jorge Padilla, Glenn Mitchell, Lorenzo Coppi, and Duncan Cameron.
- Merger Control of the Year – Americas: Google/ITA. Compass Lexecon’s work on the Merger of the Year in the Americas was led by Michael Katz, Andres Lerner, and Emmett Dacey.
- Merger Control of the Year – Europe: Microsoft/Skype. Compass Lexecon’s work on the Merger of the Year in Europe was led by Jorge Padilla.
- Behavioral Matter of the Year – Americas: Defense of Netflix in Re Online DVD Rental Antitrust Litigation. Janusz Ordover served as the expert for Netflix, supported by Doug Fontaine and Assaf Eilat.
- Behavioral Matter of the Year – Europe: Defense of IBM in the Abuse of Dominance Case. Rich Gilbert, Janusz Ordover, David Fenichel, and Jim Ratliff worked for IBM on this matter and the related US cases.