Effective Date: March 21, 2022
This policy applies to Compass Lexecon, LLC.
What are Cookies and other Tracking Technologies?
A cookie is a small text file containing small amounts of information that a website puts on a user’s computer (or mobile device) when you visit a website and is used by the website to send information to your browser and for the browser to return information to the website.
You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu. For a video about cookies, please visit www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies.
What types of Cookies may be used?
First party cookies – First party cookies are set by the Compass Lexecon website you are visiting and they can only be read by Compass Lexecon.
Session cookies – Session cookies are used by the server to store information about user page activities so users can easily pick up where they left off on the server’s pages. These are temporary cookie files, which are erased when you close your browser, and when you restart your browser and go back to the site that created the cookie, the website will not recognize you. You will have to log back in (if login is required) or select your preferences/themes again if the website uses these features. A new session cookie will be generated, which will store your browsing information and will be active until you leave the site and close your browser.
Persistent cookies – Persistent cookies are employed to store user preferences. These files stay in one of your browser’s subfolders until you delete them manually or your browser deletes them based on the duration period contained within the persistent cookie’s file. For Information on session and persistent cookies, see here.
Third party cookies – Third party cookies are set by a different organization to the owner of the website you are visiting. For example, the website might use a third party analytics company that will set its own cookies to perform this service (for example, as described below, this website uses Google Analytics).
What cookies does Compass Lexecon websites use?
The cookies used on our site may fall into the following categories:
• Necessary – Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
• Preference – Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
• Statistics – Statistics cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
• Marketing – Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers.
• Unclassified – Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
A list of all the cookies used on this site by category is detailed below.
Note: This website does not use any cookies which retain personal information about you after your session ends.
The table below provides additional details on the specific cookies used on Compass Lexecon’s website:
As noted, Compass Lexecon websites use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to help analyze how users use the site, for example which pages are most frequently visited. The information generated by a Google Analytics cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
What if I don’t want cookies to be used?
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy or Compass Lexecon’s personal data processing policies, please contact Compass Lexecon at: email@example.com.