Compass Lexecon has been named Competition Economics Firm of the Year by Who’s Who Legal (“WWL”). The firm has won the award every year since its inception in 2015. This award is based on several factors, including feedback received in WWL’s independent annual market survey, past performance in the research, and the overall aggregate number of weighted votes cast by practitioners around the world.
Who’s Who Legal also released their Competition Economists 2021 marketplace analysis in July, which identifies individual experts that are considered to be the best consultants, expert witnesses and advisers in the world, and are highlighted for their expert knowledge and testimony in competition matters. Compass Lexecon has more economists recognized across North America, EMEA and Asia Pacific featured in the analysis than any other consultancy.
According to Who’s Who Legal, Global Elite Thought Leaders are individuals that have received the highest number of nominations from peers, corporate counsel and other market sources. They are considered ‘truly outstanding practitioners and the very best in their field’.
In North America, two Compass Lexecon experts are recognized as Global Elite Thought Leaders:
- Dennis Carlton excels as a “top-rate” expert witness, executing domestic and international analyses of contract damages and regulatory matters with aplomb.
- Daniel Rubinfeld is cited as “an extremely bright and well-experienced economist” with a deep understanding of antitrust policy and econometric models.
In EMEA, three more Compass Lexecon experts are recognized as Global Elite Thought Leaders:
- Miguel de la Mano is his “held in high esteem for his top-tier work” and is renowned for his “great expertise and meticulous planning” for clients navigating merger, damages and conduct issues.
- Kirsten Edwards-Warren is cited as a “user-friendly” economist who is “a pleasure to work with”.
- Jorge Padilla stands out as “an excellent practitioner” with vast experience in European merger control and abuse of dominance cases.