Compass Lexecon has been named Competition Economics Firm of the Year 2020 by Who’s Who Legal (“WWL”). The firm has won the award every year since its inception in 2015. This award is based on several factors, including feedback received in WWL’s independent annual market survey, past performance in the research, and the overall aggregate number of weighted votes cast by practitioners around the world.
Who’s Who Legal also released their Competition Economists 2020 marketplace analysis in August, which identifies individual experts that are considered to be the best consultants, expert witnesses and advisers in the world, and are highlighted for their expert knowledge and testimony in competition matters. Compass Lexecon has more Global Elite Thought Leaders, Thought Leaders, and Future Leaders across North America, EMEA and Asia Pacific featured in the analysis than any other consultancy. Global Elite Thought Leaders are individuals that have received the highest number of nominations from peers, corporate counsel and other market sources. They are considered ‘truly outstanding practitioners and the very best in their field’.
In North America, four of the seven Global Elite are Compass Lexecon experts:
- Dennis Carlton excels as a “top-rate” expert witness, executing domestic and international analyses of contract damages and regulatory matters with aplomb.
- Janusz Ordover is rated by sources as “innovative and conscientious” for his work on predation, vertical integration and broader policy affairs.
- Daniel Rubinfeld is widely acclaimed for his economic consultancy expertise and regularly assists private and public sector clients on a variety of competition policy issues.
- Robert Willig is well regarded for his extensive experience in antitrust litigation and damages evaluation.
In EMEA, four more Compass Lexecon experts are recognized as Global Elite Thought Leaders:
- Neil Dryden is lauded as “a very strong technical practitioner and great tactician with a very client-friendly approach”. He brings “efficient and goal-oriented analysis” in competition policy issues across a range of sectors.
- Kirsten Edwards-Warren is cited as “having a high client satisfaction rate as well as being great to work with”. She specializes in merger investigation issues such as exclusivity rebates and predation.
- Jorge Padilla is a “first-rate antitrust economist” who excels in giving testimony in merger control, cartel and abuse of dominance cases.