Complex arbitration proceedings require experts with specialized insight into the economic and financial issues at the center of these disputes. With considerable expertise in a wide range of arbitration matters as well as deep industry experience, our international arbitration practice provides authoritative analysis in complex arbitration cases involving multinational parties.
Bringing to bear our extensive experience in all areas of international arbitration, Compass Lexecon’s economists and financial experts deliver independent economic analysis, valuation opinions, damages assessments, regulatory opinions, expert reports and arbitration testimony. Because many of our professionals have held senior-level positions with government regulatory agencies or have consulted extensively on global regulatory issues, they possess critical first-hand knowledge of government decision-making processes related to a wide range of matters—including commercial, investor-state, and political risk insurance disputes.
Compass Lexecon’s senior experts are leaders in their fields. Our international arbitration team includes economists based in Europe, Latin America and the U.S. A number of members of our team are listed among the most-renowned expert witnesses in Who’s Who Legal. In addition, we have the capability of drawing upon an extensive network of specialist affiliates for additional capabilities in specific industries and niche areas.
Our expertise in international arbitration work includes:
• Extensive testimony experience under treaty and commercial arbitration rules (ICSID, ICC, LCIA, NAFTA, SCC, UNCITRAL and AAA)
• Experience in natural resources, energy, environmental economics and infrastructure industries
• Experience in manufacturing, service, and distribution industries
• Experience in financial industries, including leasing, insurance and banking
• Regulatory and contract analysis from commercial and economic perspectives
• More than 80 recent international arbitration cases with written or oral testimony submitted