Our economists advise on competition policy, litigation, international arbitration, intellectual property, and regulation, across all industries.
We are passionate about applying economics to influence real-world outcomes and drive positive change in competition policy. Our economists strive to produce exceptional economic analysis that is credible and relevant so that clients can depend on our practical guidance.
We develop a thorough understanding of the economic issues our clients face and analyze these to produce compelling empirical evidence. Our working approach is firmly grounded in shared values of integrity, respect, and excellence.
Our experts include former senior officials at the European Commission and national competition authorities and academics from top-ranking universities.
Our innovative techniques were applied in:
- Over 50% of Phase II European Commission merger cases over the last five years; and
- Over 30% of the cartels fined by the European Commission in the last five years.
Antitrust & Competition
- Abuse of dominance: We advise on cases ranging from predation and margin squeeze to tying and bundling and refusals to deal.
- Horizontal agreements: We assess the existence and analyze the impact of alleged cartels and other horizontal agreements, including major European Commission Article 101 investigations.
- Market or sector inquiries: We assist the European Commission and national authorities with market inquiries, or advise interested parties in responding to inquiries.
- Mergers, acquisitions & joint ventures: Our contribution ranges from market definition to the design of remedies. We also assess competitive effects and efficiencies.
- Vertical agreements: We advise on the definition of relevant markets and assess the anti-competitive effects of certain restrictive clauses, and the cost and demand efficiencies.
We evaluate damages and proposed settlements in complex disputes and analyze the expected exposure of cartelists to follow-on damage claims.
Our in-house econometricians employ quantitative techniques in market definition exercises; merger assessments; to identify and quantify collusive behavior; and to forecast the implications of alleged abusive conduct on market structure.
Economic and financial regulation
We advise governments, regulators, and regulated companies on the competition issues facing regulated industries.
We produce expert reports and provide oral testimony relating to appeal procedures of antitrust cases, or disputes between parties of long-term contracts, among other cases.
We value intellectual property; estimate damages resulting from infringement of intellectual property; and determine reasonable royalty rates relating to patents, trademarks, and copyrights.
We evaluate the costs and benefits of aids to the government against the Market Economy Investor Principle (“MEIP”). We also assess the potentially distortionary effect of those aids on the marketplace.