Compass Lexecon has been named Competition Economics Firm of the Year by Who’s Who Legal (“WWL”). The firm has won the award every year since its inception in 2015. This award is based on several factors, including feedback received in WWL’s independent annual market survey, past performance in the research, and the overall aggregate number of weighted votes cast by practitioners around the world.
Who’s Who Legal also released their Competition Economists 2022 marketplace analysis in September, which identifies individual experts that are considered to be the best consultants, expert witnesses and advisers in the world, and are highlighted for their expert knowledge and testimony in competition matters. Compass Lexecon has the most economists recognized in this year’s analysis.
According to Who’s Who Legal, Global Elite Thought Leaders are individuals that have received the highest number of nominations from peers, corporate counsel and other market sources. They are considered ‘truly outstanding practitioners and the very best in their field’.
In North America, four Compass Lexecon experts are recognized as Global Elite Thought Leaders:
- Dennis Carlton is counted by peers as among the US’ best competition economists and described as “a really sharp economist”.
- Mark Israel is cited as a renowned economist with impressive domestic and international experience in regulatory and litigation proceedings in the aviation, telecommunications and finance sectors.
- Daniel Rubinfeld is identified as a go-to competition economist in the North American market, and well-versed in merger and damages analyses in an antitrust and competition context.
- Robert Willig (In Memoriam) was cited as having a stellar reputation among peers in the antitrust market, with considerable expertise in damages, policy and merger issues.
In EMEA, three more Compass Lexecon experts are recognized as Global Elite Thought Leaders:
- Neil Dryden is cited as a respected name in the competition space, and praised as “a clever, thorough and easy to work with” economist.
- Kirsten Edwards-Warren is cited as being “a smart and creative economist who has excellent client-management skills”.
- Jorge Padilla receives comprehensive endorsements for his competition practice from market commentators and cited as having extensive experience testifying before competition authorities in the EU.
The full list of Compass Lexecon professionals recognized in the Who’s Who Legal Competition 2022: Thought Leaders list is as follows:
- Jonathan Baker, Senior Consultant – Washington, DC
- Mary T Coleman, Executive Vice President – Boston
- Justin Coombs, Executive Vice President – London
- Lorenzo Coppi, Executive Vice President – London
- Richard J Gilbert, Senior Consultant – Oakland
- Michael Katz, Senior Consultant – Washington, DC
- Bryan Keating, Executive Vice President – Washington, DC
- Benjamin Klein, Senior Consultant – Los Angeles
- Thilo Klein, Executive Vice President – Düsseldorf
- Jonathan M Orszag, Senior Managing Director – Washington, DC
- Roy Rosenberg, Senior Vice President – Tel Aviv
- Pekka Sääskilahti, Senior Vice President – Helsinki
- David Sevy, Executive Vice President – Paris
- Pablo T Spiller, Senior Consultant – New York
- Nadine Watson, Senior Vice President – Madrid
- Elena Zoido, Executive Vice President – Madrid