Wednesday, 8 February, 08:30 – 14:30 GMT
One Moorgate Place, Chartered Accountants’ Hall, 1 Moorgate Place, London EC2R 6EA
Compass Lexecon and Geradin Partners are co-hosting an upcoming event on Media Competition and Regulation in the Digital Age at One Moorgate Place on Wednesday, 8 February.
Digitalisation is creating increasingly complex regulatory and competition policy challenges in the media industries. We would like to bring together thought leaders specialised in the media sector to discuss the latest developments and consider how regulators, States, and media firms should adapt.
We will host three panel discussions on the following themes:
- Media and the Internet of Things: Challenges and regulation affecting content delivery on connected TVs, smart speakers and in-car entertainment systems
- Regulating the relationship between news media and online platforms: Media plurality, polarisation and fair value
- Content is (still) King: Competition and regulatory challenges facing the distribution of premium content
The discussion will be led by panel speakers:
- Ali-Abbas Ali, Ofcom
- Annie Gascoyne, BBC
- Chris Jenkins, UK Competition & Markets Authority
- Roxanne Morison, Channel 4
- Richard Neville, Warner Bros. Discovery
- Matt Payton, Radiocentre
- Grégoire Polad di Spadoni, Association of Commercial Television and Video on Demand Services
- Tanja Salem, BT
- Seong Sin Han, UEFA
- Simeon Thornton, Ofcom
- Sam Villiers, Roku
- Petra Wikström, Schibsted
Panel sessions will be interspersed with opportunities for more informal discussions with peers over refreshments, and the event will close with a drinks and canapés reception.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.